PBMC Isolation Capabilities with Long-Term Liquid Nitrogen Storage
Research Centers of America (RCA) Laboratories are capable of isolating, cryopreserving and shipping peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) for clinical trials. PBMCs are isolated from human blood by density centrifugation. They are a critical component of the immune system and include NK-, B-, T-cells and monocytes.
As cells of the immune system, PBMCs are crucial for vaccine development and clinical trials. Isolation of PBMC from patient’s blood enrolled in clinical trials are critical to improve treatments for Type 1 Diabetes, Allergy and Asthma, Autoimmune Disease, Cancer, just to name a few. Consistent high quality, storage and transport of PBMC samples from patients in clinical trials are vital to identify biomarkers for therapy response.
PBMCs are processed by certified technicians following our standard operating procedures in less than four hours from blood sample receipt. The samples are stored in temperature-controlled freezers or liquid nitrogen tanks until transportation to the analysis site. RCA Laboratories can process a high volume of sample outside regular business hours if required by the study protocol.
RCA’s PBMC processing and cryopreservation is validated quarterly by Duke Human Vaccine Institute for use in immunological assays.
PK Lab Capabilites
- Full-time Phlebotomy Lab Manager
- Determine laboratory needs as defined in the protocol
- Attends SIV for study specific sample management training
- Review of shipping schedule with study team
- Ability to prepare study-specific processing logs, requisition forms, collection and transfer tube labels, and shipping manifests
- Review laboratory kits or prepare our own if needed
- QC cross-check of samples pre-collection and pre-shipment
- Pack and ship specimens as per protocol/IATA requirements
- Weekly scheduled dry ice service
- Sample retention tracking